10 of The Best Camping Utensils of 2022 – Review & Rating
When exploring the great outdoors, having great camping utensils to meet your cooking and eating needs can make a world of difference - especially after a thrilling but exhausting day of exploring. Thankfully, innovations in backpacking technologies offer campers a wide variety of camp cookware choices, ranging from the very affordable to very expensive.
Before you head off and buy the first camping utensils that you see, it is important that you do your due diligence to find the perfect cookware for your specific needs. But, how do you get started? The answer to that question is fairly simple - if you consider the following considerations and options available below.
- 1 Best Camping Utensils - Comparison Chart
- 2 What To Consider When Choosing The Best Camping Utensils
- 3 Best Camping Utensils
- 3.1 TOAKS Titanium 3-Piece Cutlery Set
- 3.2 Sea to Summit Alpha Light Utensils
- 3.3 finessCity Titanium Utility Cutlery Set
- 3.4 Columbia River Knife And Tool's Eat N Tool
- 3.5 Tapirus 5 Spork Of Steel Utensils Set
- 3.6 Ka-bar Stainless Steel Original Hobo All-Purpose Knife
- 3.7 Roaming Cooking 3 Piece Stainless Steel Camping Cutlery Set
- 3.8 Hikenture 4-In-1 Camping Utensil Stainless Steel Set
- 3.9 Light My Fire Original BPA-Free Tritan Spork
- 3.10 Light My Fire Titanium Spork
- 4 Final Verdict
Best Camping Utensils - Comparison Chart
What To Consider When Choosing The Best Camping Utensils
The best camping utensils make dining in the woods significantly easier and, thankfully, there are a number of choices to pick from.
Utensil you will need:
- Spoons: These are more versatile than forks and can be used for noodles, pasta, and soup.
- Knife: These, especially when they are multipurpose, are very important to have when in the great outdoors. They can be used for multiple things like cutting vegetables or digging deep into a container of peanut butter to get that last delicious bit.
When camping with a larger group, ie at least five people, you may also want to consider bringing:
- Foldable camping serving spoon: This will ensure that everyone gets their fair portion. Plus, this tool tends to come with measuring lines, which makes it easier for you to ensure that you add the correct amount of water to the different recipes
- Foldable camping spatula: to help when flipping pita pockets, grilled cheeses sandwiches, or cooking stir fry
- Party size: The more people on your camping trip, the more utensils you will need.
Things to consider:
- Camping/hiking location: The location of your outdoor exploration will determine the type of utensils you should carry. For instance, if you are hiking in the back-country, you will want utensils that are lightweight. When camping with your car, the weight of your utensil is irrelevant.
- Camping trip duration: If you are just going to the beach or camping for a weekend, then plastic utensils will work fine. But, if you are planning a long vacation or camp often, it’s recommended that you invest a couple extra dollars on quality utensils.
- Materials: Titanium is the lightest and most durable camping cooking utensil material but it’s also the most expensive. Aluminum is a good alternative for those who don’t want to spend a lot of money on titanium or stainless steel cooking utensils. Plastic is the cheapest but its durability isn’t its strong point.
Best Camping Utensils
When it comes to traveling or camping cutlery, you can’t go wrong with the TOAKS Titanium 3-Piece Cutlery Set. It comes with three small, lightweight utensils (fork, spoon, knife) that are attached together with an aluminum clip. It’s perfect for travelers and backpackers who don’t want to sacrifice durability or quality.
- Total weight 1.7 ounces
- Matte finishing makes for solid hold
- Traditional shape
- Spoon is quite practical
- High-quality carabiner
- Slightly smaller than the utensils used at home but large enough for comfort
- Knife has serrated edge for cutting
- Titanium construction means that it's very strong
- Eco-friendly-even the case it comes in is made from recycled materials
Sea Summit makes what are Considered to be the lightest camping utensils on the market. This particular set is made out of durable aluminum that’s formed into a sleek and strong shape. In this way, Sea to Summit is able to create a very lightweight utensil for a relatively affordable price. Furthermore, the aluminum is hard anodized, which creates a type of exoskeleton that makes it possible for these utensils to be lighter and slimmer than many others on the market. This hardened shell also encompasses the aluminum and removes the risk of the alloy leaking into your food.
- Made from super lightweight and strong 70775-T6 aircraft aluminum alloy
- Packaging is 100% recyclable
- Perfect for ultra light mountaineering and backpacking
- Each utensil is approximately a quarter of an ounce
- Competitively priced
- Individual utensils come with several holes punched out of the handle to minimize weight
This set is for the camper that's tired of using low quality plastic utensils. It comes with a screw to hold all the pieces together, which keeps them secure and prevents rattling. This is a 3 piece set and perfect for use at home, while traveling or camping. It also comes with an easy to store case.
- Sturdy and ultra lightweight
- 100% titanium
- High temperature and corrosion resistant
- 100% FDA food grade cutlery set
- Comes with a 90-day no-risk money back guarantee
- Flavorless, odorless, and non-allergenic
- Comes with a carabiner clip
- Dishwasher safe
- Cloth case is washable
This handy tool is a spoon, bottle opener, and fork in one. At first glance, it doesn't look much like an eating utensil. This is probably because it was created with computer aided design tools that allowed the creator to create to come up with a high-tech and lightweight outdoor tool. Plus, part of the handle can be used as an emergency screwdriver blade or to open canisters. It also has three metric wrench reliefs that are quite handy for emergency repairs. We all need camping utensils, so having one that fulfills multiple needs is always an asset.
- Large central hole that’s designed to help keep the weight down and as a finger grip
- It’s just 1.5 ounces
- Non-loading bearing carabiner for easy carry
- Ergonomic shape and design for increased user comfort
- Black non-stick coating finish
- Functional and inexpensive
- 4 inches long
This is the ultimate spork mess kit. It’s perfect for the camper looking for an effective way to make camping hassle free. It’s a stainless steel spork set of 5 utensils that lets you eat comfortably while camping. Each spork is 3 in one tool and can be used as a fork,spoon and knife. It's Ideal for everyone, this includes toddlers, children, men and women.
- Durable, strong and lightweight
- Don't rust or corrode
- Comes with bonus bottle opener and a carrying case
- Each spork is 8 inches long and weights less than a quarter of an ounce
- Made of the high quality stainless steel
- No weird aftertaste or rusty spots
- Knife side comes with a serrated edge
- Less likely to stain
Whether you are looking for a camping utensil for eating on the go or for personal defense, this fully warrantied knife will serve you well. It ensures you will already to eat on the go, whether you are exploring the city, hiking, or heading out on a mountain trail.
- When it’s closed, it’s a mere 3 3/4 inches but opens to 7 inches when ready for use
- Stainless steel handle
- Made out of 42032 stainless steel
- Product is a little over 7 ounces
- Solid and durable construction
- Sharp knife and blade length is 3 inches
- Set comes with portable spoon, fork, and knife
- Comes with a carrying case that’s perfect for outdoor excursions
When you have this 3 piece stainless steel travel cutlery set by your side, you are always ready for a meal. It doesn’t matter if you are traipsing around the city, taking your lunch break, or hiking on a mountain, these top quality and lightweight utensils can be taken on any trip. Furthermore, when you have this durable cutlery set on standby, you can be sure that you won’t have to settle for inferior plastic utensils ever again.
And, because it comes in a stylish neoprene case, your cutlery will be safe, secure, and neatly stored no matter what your day brings. Plus, this cutlery is a part of unique and new innovative travel kitchenware by Roamin Company, which was specifically designed to be compact, multipurpose, lightweight, durable, compact, and environmentally friendly.
- Perfect for virtually any outdoor activities
- Excellent for use when traveling, at work, camping, and more
- Stored in stylish and washable neoprene case
If you are looking for a 4-in-1 camping utensil set that will exceed your expectations, you can't go wrong with Hikenture's offering. It’s easy to take apart and clean, due to simple one-handed technique to break it down.
All the utensils in this product (spoon, fork, knife, bottle opener) are manufactured out of high-quality stainless steel and there are no plastic parts. Plus, their polished patina satin makes sure that they are easy to clean and rust resistant. Furthermore, it comes in a black pouch (with belt loop) for those who want to keep this handy tool nearby. It also has a key ring.
- Sturdy, lightweight, compact, durable, and rust resistant
- Comes with a knife, bottle opener, spoon, and fork
- Comes with a nylon pouch for easy portabilitySeparates so you can use the knife and spoon at the same time
- 100% 1 year Money Back guarantee
- Constructed of stainless steel
This perfectly designed outdoor eating utensil helps you bring some semblance of civilization to the wild. And, although it’s made out of plastic, you don’t have to worry about it melting in boiling water. Furthermore, it’s compact size means that you can easily carry it in your briefcase or purse, lunchbox, picnic basket, or backpack.
- Comes with four sporks, all with a serrated edge
- Heat-resistant, durable, and lightweight
- Can be used safely with nonstick cookware
- Dishwasher safe
- BPA free
- Flexible, both figuratively and literally
- Made with heavy duty plastic
- Better than using traditional plastic utensils
- Knife edge is sharp enough to easily cut through a hotdog or sausage
- Perfect for use by kids and adults
- Affordable pricing and comfortable to use
This outdoor eating utensil is perfect for those looking to bring some civilization to the wild. Furthermore, it’s compact size means that you can easily carry it in your briefcase or purse, lunchbox, picnic basket, or backpack.
- 100% Titanium
- Spork easily handles triple duty as fork-knife-spoon combo (has serrated edge that acts as a knife)
- Non-magnetic and non-corrosive
- Heat-resistant, durable, and lightweight
- No metallic taste
- Slightly textured middle for a no-slip grip
- Non-toxic and hypoallergenic
- Biocompatible with human skin
- Dishwasher safe
- Perfect for use by kids or adults
- Comfortable to use
The great outdoors is majestic in beauty but, it’s not for the unprepared - even when it comes to meals. Eating is a vital part of our existence and it can make your outdoor experience that much better because you won’t have to make a lot of effort. Plus, food just tastes better when surrounded by fresh air.
There are some who will compromise, with camping staples like trail mix, granola bars, and chocolate. But, even the most adamant naturalist will want to expand their camping culinary horizons from times to time. Using any of one of the eating utensils above can vastly improve your outdoor experience. After all, it’s all about the details. And when your outdoor expedition is carefully planned, it can lead to a lot of enjoyment.