The Best Camping Plates and Bowls on The Market – Review & Rating
Camping/hiking/trekking season is just around the corner. But, to get the most out of your experience, you will need the required gear, even down to plates and bowls.
The equipment that you take on your camping trip is dependent on the type of trip that you plan on making. Going on series of small day hikes with a well-populated base camp? You can bring typical equipment that you have at home. Hiking into the middle of the Grand Canyon? You may want to consider something a little more lightweight and portable.
To help you figure out the best options for you, consider our take on the best camping plates and bowls on the market.
- 1 Our Selection of The Best Camping Plates and Bowls
- 2 What to Consider Before Buying Plates and Bowls for Camping
- 3 In Depth Review of The Selected Camping Plates and Bowls
- 4 Final Verdict
Our Selection of The Best Camping Plates and Bowls
What to Consider Before Buying Plates and Bowls for Camping
When spending time in the great outdoors, it’s vital that you only bring necessary dishes. A camp kitchen that is well thought out can take a lot of hassle out of outdoor meal prep, even down to the plates you eat off of. These seemingly simple pieces of gear can be very functional. But, there are some things you should consider before shelling out cash for your camping dishes. They include:
- Lightweight: Just like any other piece of gear in your backpack when hanging out in the great outdoors, weight is an essential critical. For instance, if you will be backpacking over a long distance, a heavy pack can soon become quite the hassle. The lighter your gear, the more comfortable your trip.
- Material: Camping plates and bowls come in a variety of materials. Choosing the best ones for you will be dependent on your budget and how you will be using It. For instance, hard anodized aluminum is scratch resistant, lasts long, and is more durable than normal aluminum. It’s an excellent choice if you plan to use your gear frequently.
- Easy cleanup: Certain plates and bowls are harder to care for and clean than others. So spend more time enjoying the great outdoors and less time doing chores by choosing the easier to clean options.
- Size: To determine the perfect set for you, you will have to consider how many people will be going on your outdoor adventure. If you are planning on going out by yourself, you can get by with fewer simple pieces but, if your group will have 3 or more, you will have to plan accordingly.
In Depth Review of The Selected Camping Plates and Bowls
When looking for the bowls and plates for easy outdoor eating, you can't go wrong with the GSI Cascadian 1 person table set. These easy to clean pieces of dinnerware are made out of lightweight, flexible polypropylene to ensure long lasting and sturdy dishes. The 3 pc cutlery set that is included are made from a tough material that makes them virtually impossible to break.
Thus with these pieces of dinnerware, you can say goodbye to expensive and flimsy paper plates and plastic silverware, this dinnerware set is made to last. Plus, they're available in bold orange or green.
Additional benefits include:
- Constructed out of lightweight polypropylene
- Comes with comes with a 6-inch bowl, 12 oz cup, 9.5-inch plate, cutlery, and plastic wiring
- 100% recyclable
- Easy to carry and pack
- Comes with rugged, full-size cutlery
- Wide handle cutlery won't slip, even in gloved hands
- Comes with a mesh bag for convenient storage
- Fully warrantied against manufacturer's defects, in terms of workmanship and materials
You will be happy to know that the lightest, easiest to carry tableware on the planet is even better than ever before. It comes with everything you need to devour a delicious outdoor meal , all in a slim package that takes a minimal amount of space. But, that’s not all, these tableware pieces also come in fresh graphics and colors to ensure that you can eat in style no matter where you roam.
They even come with measuring cup lines to ensure that every meal will be perfect. In this way, this complete one person set is perfect for picnicking, hiking, traveling, boating, camping, hiking, and even the office. Plus, it’s non-stick surface ensures that it’s easy to clean and the fact that it’s BPA free means that it's an eco-friendly and reusable alternative to disposables.
Its other benefits are as follows:
- Comes with a stylish, dish, bowl, and cup
- Full-size items
- Very light, entire set weighs 4 ounces
- Easy to clean
- BPA free
- Durable and convenient alternative to disposals
- Snap-together design for easy assembly when needed and the ability to fold completely flat when not
- Food grade propylene is perfect for both cold and hot use
- Bowl holds over 4 ounces and the cup holds a little under 12 ounces
- Packaging can be reused as a thin storage case to make sure that your tableware is organized and separate from other gear. It can also be used as a cutting board or prep tray
This HumanCentric Compact Stainless steel dish set comes with a plate, cup, and bowl. The small size of this compact set makes it perfect for stashing in your backpack when eating on the go. Furthermore, they are made out of certified 18.8 food-grade stainless steel and are lead, phthalate, and BPA free. They are also shatterproof and they have no sharp edges.
They are also convenient. For instance, these stackable, virtually unbreakable, dishwasher safe pieces of tableware are remarkably easily to clean. So, you can stop use chemical filled plastic products and paper goods. In this way, this set ensures that you will be able to reduce waste and because it's reusable you can be sure that it will last for years. Lastly, they are stylish, with a polished finish and modern design so you can bring some aspect of civilization with you, no matter where you may roam.
Additional benefits include:
- Plate is 8.5 inches, bowl is five inches, and cup is 8 ounces
- Very Durable
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to clean
- BPA, lead, and phthalate free
Looking for an elegant and durable option for your outdoor tableware needs? Look no further than the Wealers 6 inch stainless steel bowl set. Each one was made with a wide design so that they can fit into each other for compact and neat storage. They come with a mesh bag but, truthfully, these slim bowls fit into any small space easily. Plus they are lightweight, which makes them an excellent option for those extended camping trips. And, when you’re finished using them, they are easy to clean.
Furthermore, they are designed with a curved lip that helps greatly reduce splatters. This design also makes the bowls easy to grip so you will have no problem pouring your soups and chowders out. They are no sharp edges, so although they are metal, you won’t have to worry about hurting yourself. Finally, their high polish mirror finish ensures that even in the midst of wilderness, you will eat in style.
Other benefits include:
- 4 high-quality 6-inch stainless steel bowls
- BPA free
- 100% food grade
- Mesh carry bag included for easy storage
- Rust proof
- Lightweight & durable
- Easy to clean
- Dish washer safe
- Versatile usage
- No sharp edges
When it comes to camping, and other outdoor activities, every little detail counts, even when it comes to dinnerware. Admittedly, there are thousands of plates, bowls, and other dinnerware that were specifically made for outdoor excursions, but it doesn’t mean they were all created the same. And, if you don’t know what to look for, it can make finding the perfect tableware a struggle. We hope that our analysis of these five tableware sets can help you find the best setup for your needs. They are, in our humble opinion, some of the best options on the market. And, as such, will likely bring more joy your outdoor activities.
>> Check other resources on camping, Hiking and Backpacking <<